Wilson’s Prom Accommodated Trip: Queen’s Birthday Weekend
- 3 nights accommodation (check-in is 4pm Friday 11th June) staying at the John-Gregory self-contained cabin in Tidal River. (2 people per room, mix of single & bunk beds) (‘Overflow’ accommodation is in cabin(s) at the Yanakie caravan park, just outside the Prom.)
- Tidal River cost is $170 + trip fees. (Yanakie cabins are approx $135 upwards depending upon numbers and cabin type. These will only be booked upon demand & with pre-payment.)
- Due to Covid, car pooling is discouraged. Please advise if you require transportation at the time of booking, as this isn’t guaranteed. Also please advise if you are prepared to provide transportation to others.
- Walks are Mt Bishop/Lilliy Pilly/Leonard Pt semi-circuit; Sealer’s Cover & return; & Vereker Lookout (½ day)
For more information about this trip, click here.
Please read the sections
- Should you Participate,
- Social Distancing and Good Hygiene and
before booking into this walk.
Staying in Tidal River at the John-Gregory cabin, with additional attendees staying in cabins at the Yanakie Caravan Park.
For those staying in the accommodation booked by the Club, please observe the following Covid protocols:
- No communal use of hand towels, tea towels, food etc.
- Cleaning of cooking and bathroom surfaces after use.
- As far as possible, social distancing and keeping windows open or using extractor fans.
Itinerary and Walk Descriptions
Walk day 1: A semi circuit walk from Tidal River encompassing Mt Bishop, Lilly Pilly Gully, Squeaky Beach, Pillar Point (13km, 4hr). Optional 3km extension to include Leonard Pt/view of Picnic Bay & Tidal River overview.
Walk day 2: A return track to Sealers Cove, approx. 16km rated easy-medium. This trek passes over the granite range, through a few lush ferntree gullies and coastal wetlands to the pristine beach at Sealers Cove
Walk day 3: A shorter 1/2 day walk to Millers Landing and Vereker Lookout (the highest point in the northern part of the Prom).
Should you Participate?
We need to follow all state government guidelines regarding COVID-19, hence if you are required to be in quarantine or isolation, live in a restricted postcode (if and when designated by state government) or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms including the following, you should NOT be doing this walk:
- Loss or change in sense of smell or taste
- Chills or sweats
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- In certain circumstances headache, muscle soreness, stuffy nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea may also be considered.
If you or anyone in your household feels sick in any way, please cancel. If you become unwell during the walk please notify your Leader immediately.
If you are in a high risk category, including being elderly or having a pre-existing medical condition, you should consider carefully whether you participate as the Club will accept no liability if you choose to participate.
Refer also to the Victoria state government Coronavirus page
Social Distancing and Good Hygiene
Before, during and after the walk, please practice social distancing and good hygiene to minimise the risk of infection:
• Carry a mask and wear it when required by the state government.
• Maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and other walkers.
• Do not share food / water / equipment, or shake hands.
• Use tissues and do not dispose of these in the bush. Carry a plastic bag for disposing of tissues.
• Cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow.
• Wash hands or use sanitiser after contact with shared surfaces, e.g. gates, fences, benches, petrol pumps.
If you are not able to practice good hygiene your Leader will ask you to leave the walk.
Transport to and from the walk location is by car.
Please indicate your transport requirements and preferences on the booking request form when you book in.
If you don’t have a car, we can’t guarantee to provide you with a lift – this will depend on available drivers and their locations.
Drivers can choose whether they wish to take passengers or not.
For drivers who agree to accept a passenger, the Victorian State Government guidelines at the time of writing are:
You can have passengers in your car. Where possible:
- your passenger should sit in the back seat in order to maintain physical distancing
- all passengers should wear a fitted face mask in the car unless you have a lawful exemption
- increase ventilation in the vehicle by opening windows wherever possible. Avoid having air-conditioning on recirculate
- high touch surfaces in the vehicle should be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
Passengers must pay the driver their share of car-pooling costs as described on the Car-pooling page. Please bring cash for this purpose.
Booking is required for this walk. You need to submit a Booking Request (see below). The Leader will confirm your acceptance on the walk, or not, via email. The leader will provide further details as required.
All trip fees must be prepaid. Payment by Paypal or card is the quickest method, but if you choose to pay by EFT please follow the instruction to email the Treasurer with your payment details.
If you need to cancel, please advise the leader as soon as possible, so that someone else has the opportunity.
If you have made your payment but need to cancel, we will only provide you with a refund if we can find a replacement for you. However, if you need to cancel because you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, then we will provide you with a full refund (even if a replacement can’t be found).
What to bring
• Hand Sanitiser
• Face Mask
• Day pack
• Sufficient water for each day (2 litres, more on hot summer days)
• Lunch and snacks for each hike
• Hat, sun screen
• Suitable outdoor clothing (no jeans/sneakers!)
• Rainwear & warm jacket
• Proper walking shoes/boots
• All the gear and food you will need at your accommodation for the 3 nights.
Refer to our Gear Checklist page, or discuss with your leader, for more details. If you are not properly equipped, the walk leader can decide not to let you participate on this walk.
Still have questions?
Check out Joining a walk and your safety
Check out What happens on a walk.
Check out Weekend and extended walks.
Check out our Covid-19 status.
Contact the leader using the “Enquiry” button.
June 11, 2021 9:00 pm
June 14, 2021 2:00 pm
|The Member ($170.00 (AUD)) is available to members only. Closed|
|Non-membershow details +||$180.00 (AUD)||Closed|
Booking Period- The dates when this event booking option is available.
Available from: March 3, 2021 12:00 am
Until May 24, 2021 8:00 pm
Availability- Places available for this option
"Wilson's Prom Accommodated Trip: Queen's Birthday Weekend" is currently sold out.
Please check back again later, as spots may become available.