YHA Bushwalking Victoria Privacy Statement
YHA Bushwalking Victoria (The Club) respects the importance of protecting your privacy.
If you are a Member of the Club, or a visitor, you consent to the Club disclosing your personal information to other Members and Leaders of the Club and visitors for activities you participate in. For example we may provide Leaders with your first name, last name, email, contact number, emergency contact number, walk history, and other members and visitors for activities you participate in with first name, last name, email and contact number.
If you are a Leader of the Club, you consent to the Club disclosing your first name, last name, email and contact number to Members of the Club and visitors participating in activities you lead.
We, including Members and Leaders, may take photographs or videos of you attending Club events, and we may wish to use them for promotional purposes. Unless you advise us otherwise, you expressly agree and consent to the use of any photographs or videos, which may include you, for the aforementioned purposes, without compensation.
When you post photographs or videos of Club activities online, you agree you will not identify other Club Members, Leaders or visitors without the prior consent of each Club Member, Leader or visitor being identified. To avoid doubt, this includes identification by caption or tagging, and covers the posting of photographs on social media (examples include Meetup, Facebook and Instagram). This excludes identifying Members or Leaders in photographs or videos for internal publications and presentations at meetings, or for the purpose of maintaining Club records.
The Club collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information to:
- Provide and administer our products and services including YHA Bushwalking Victoria (the Club) memberships, processing bookings and cancellations, processing payments or managing your profile;
- Provide member, leader and visitor support, including through conducting surveys and investigating and responding to your queries and comments;
- Operate competitions and promotions including determining entry eligibility, awarding prizes and publishing or otherwise making available a list of prize winners;
- Conduct marketing and advertising activities, including displaying content on our website;
- Provide information about our products and services, including through distributing newsletters and other communication on information about us and our related services, your Club profile and your use of our services;
- Provide information about your Club membership, including through distributing newsletters and other communication on updates on your membership benefits, invitations to participate in governance aspects of the Club such as Committee elections, Annual General Meetings, and changes to the Club Operating Rules;
- Perform data analyses, research and generate aggregated trends, statistics and insights, which may be a result of combining de-identified information collected from you and other members, leaders and visitors;
- Develop and improve our products and services, including our website and to provide a more personalised service before, during and after your participation in our events;
- Manage and carry out our business and operational functions, , business decisions and technical operations;
- Maintain our records and complying with our legal obligations; and
- For any other purpose disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent, for example by providing emergency contact details.
We generally do not ask for, or collect sensitive information about you, unless you provide it to us voluntarily. You consent to us collecting sensitive information which you provide to us voluntarily.
You don’t have to give us all the information we ask you to provide, but
- we may not be able to provide you with products and services or information you request, to the requested standard or at all;
- you may miss out on receiving valuable information from us;
- this may limit how we interact with you;
- we may not be able to respond to your enquiries, feedback or complaints.
If you are located outside of Australia, please be aware that any information you provide to us, will be transferred from your country of origin to Australia and you consent to this transfer.
The Club may disclose your personal information to third party operators, to sponsors and partners when you enter a competition or promotion, to our parent, YHA Ltd, in communications between Affiliated or Associated Organisations (such as Bushwalking Australia or Bushwalking Victoria) and to third-party service providers that help us deliver our services. Service providers include IT services, server and web hosting, data processing, storage and back-up, market research, data analysis and marketing. Some of the third parties the Club discloses information to may be located or have servers located overseas such as in the USA and UK and you consent to these disclosures.